Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

With Sympathy

Hello!  Lisa here today and I am sharing a way to make your stencil patterns softer...  Sympathy cards are sometimes the hardest to make, but are sometimes needed.  This card uses some stencil and embossing, but all of it is toned down for a softer effect...



By simply added the vellum, the whole card takes on a softer feel.  To create my stenciled panel I started by going over the stencil with purple distress ink.  I then flipped the stencil upside down and went over it with a soft blue distress ink.  I then embossed the floral images in gold, and layered it vellum and an embossed sentiment.  Tip: vellum is hard to adhere without leaving spots, but use embellishments as I have done to hide these spots.

Supplies Used:


Don't forget to play along in this weeks challenge: Love is in the Air

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Donna K said...

love that faded jeans color you used for your stenciling, lisa. the vellum paper is a wonderful tip. your card is lovely!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love how the vellum softens the brighter colors on this card.