Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The challenge at Sweet Stamps for this week is Something New.  Well, I had a hayday buying stuff in the store for Santa to bring to me......, so I have lots to choose from!

  I had fun with Dylusions sprays for the background, and then I used a stencil and covered the background with Wendy Vecchi Gold Embossing Paste.  Oh- IRL this paste is just gorgeous!  The paste is flexible, so you can bend the cardstock top to bottom, and it will not crack.......  It also picks up the hue from the color of the Dylusions underneath it.
  I used Enamel Embossing Powder Royal Sterling on the outer edge of the image. I swiped the cardstock with the antistatic first, and once the purple EP was cooled down, I swiped again with the antistatic and embossed the crown using Micro Gold Enamel EP. I know the shimmer in the Enamel EP does not show well in pictures- it is heavenly!

I colored the butterfly with Distress Markers Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint and Chipped Sapphire.  I colored and stamped it a 2nd time, fussy cut it and added shimmer with a Stardust Gelly Roll pen.

Products I used from the Sweet Stamps Store:

Plus- the Distress Markers- sold in the store as a full set : )

Our winners are chosen by Random.org- and if you use a Sweet Stamps image, your entry will count x's 2!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

And, SweetStamps is also on Instagram.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow this is amazing. The background is fantastic! The frame around that butterfly and the crown I just love that. What a fantastic Bow!!
xx

maggiegracecreates said...

i love this ---- so much texture with the layering and paste.

Donna K said...

wonderful!!! this is absolutely gorgeous, shelly. love that purple shimmer and the pretty butterfly. how amazing is that background texture too?! wowzers!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love how you made the background and what an awesome bow.