Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Vintage Black Weathervane


Sandy here today with a center step card showcasing the newly released Weathervane and Braided Borders Piccolo Accents.  The great thing about using Piccolos to embellish your card is they lay flat and so it is very easy to mail them.  Be sure to click on the pics for a larger view to see how gorgeous these embossing powders really are.


I began with my Cheery Lynn Designs Step Card die and Graphic 45's French Country 12 x 12 papers.  I love how easy it is to whip out a card with this die.  It cuts not only the card base but all the individual panels as well.  For my Piccolo Accents, I wanted it to look like weathered cast iron.  So I used my Piccolo Vintage Black Enamel.  It is such a great mix of black, gold and silver; the perfect aged look.  And of course, I had to use my favorite French Oval Frame embossed with Mossy Glen to showcase my weathervane.  Finished size is 5 5/8" square.

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome card, love how the Weathervane looks in the French Oval frame.